After close to a year of planning and preparation, the 2015 STF National Conference proved to be a great success for the more than 160 people who attended. This year’s event was held at the Wyndham Indianapolis West Hotel from September 18-20, and included attendees from over 30 states and even a few from Canada.
The theme of our conference this year was “MATURE IN CHRIST,” and each day was filled with Praise and Worship, prayer, teachings, presentations, and fellowship. Throughout the conference, people spent time reconnecting and making new friendships, as well as being encouraged by personal sharings and teachings covering various aspects of maturing in Christ. Many who needed prayer and healing were also ministered to.
This year’s teachers and topics were:
- Dave Hanson (VA): “Spiritual Maturity: The Need to Love Others.”
- Jackson Trigg (NM): “Keys to Maturity in Christ.”
- John Truitt (KY): “Christian Maturity: Our Commitment to Others.”
- Karen Preston (KY): “Spiritual Maturity Requires Change.”
- John Schoenheit (IN): “Christian Maturity: What it is Not.”
- Gary Theisen (MI): “Maturing in Christ Until the End of the Age.”
On Saturday afternoon there was also time spent on the topics of evangelism and reaching others for Christ, which featured:
- Charlie Preston (KY): “What is the Gospel?”
- Franklin Smith (SC): “Having Conversations, not Presentations.”
- Dan Gallagher (OR): “Outreach Tactics; Tilling, Sowing, Watering, and Harvesting.”
There were also STF ministry updates which included presentations by Jerry Wierwille (IN) on the REV, our Bible translation project, and Dan Gallagher on new ministry products and resources.
We are looking forward to an even better time at next year’s 2016 National Event, and with the plans that are already underway, it should prove to be an uplifting and powerful experience for all who attend. We hope that will include you!